Welcome to Cause4alarm.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If we continue to have a problem with people posting pictures and videos bigger than 600px wide we will disable the ability to post pictures and videos. When you do this it restricts the ability for people to correctly see the shoutbox.
@  LostlProph3t : (31 October 2014 - 05:28 PM) newtons shit this year anyway. he was a bye week fill in for me and the other guy wanted baldwin
@  sqrl : (31 October 2014 - 07:09 AM) ahahahaha go cam!
@  Valkyrie : (31 October 2014 - 05:21 AM) I really hope trading newton away for fucking Baldwin bites you in the ass. Lol stupid
@  SkiDDeM : (30 October 2014 - 03:43 AM) http://m.youtube.com...h?v=YA7UOZMVrZc
@  LostlProph3t : (29 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) somebody trade me today. willing to lean towards players, just cuz i want one done tonight
@  LostlProph3t : (27 October 2014 - 12:27 PM) and he cant even read
@  GeeYouknit : (27 October 2014 - 11:46 AM) he aint done yet either
@  sqrl : (27 October 2014 - 10:29 AM) safe to say 14ers won't ever have a week like this again lol
@  Mr.SirSuperN... : (27 October 2014 - 03:16 AM) 14ers got the bragging rights
@  sqrl : (26 October 2014 - 04:01 PM) 14ers... my team in my other league is (starters) P. Manning, Murray, Cobb, L. Miller, Mi. Floyd , Gostowkskwiskwi, DET D. Bench: McKinnon,T. Smith, E. Manning, A. Holmes, M. Wallace, . This week was bad for me but luckliy the guy im playing against got absoulutey nothign out of his team lol. If I can't get 3.13 points of Cobb and Murray combined, it would be the biggest upset in the history of FF
@  sqrl : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) all i need is a total of 3.13 points from Cobb and Murray and I win. I think... it's a lock :)
@  LostlProph3t : (26 October 2014 - 03:46 PM) rpetty much. this guy has 2 players still to go
@  sqrl : (26 October 2014 - 03:45 PM) OK SO 14ERS DESTROYED ME THIS WEEK. WOW. CONGRATS. HIGHEST SCORE EVER?
@  Mr.SirSuperN... : (26 October 2014 - 03:33 PM) lol
@  GeeYouknit : (26 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) yea money league is all i care about too, I'm 5-2 soon to be 6-2 with a pretty easy schedule coming up. Win me some cash money
@  LostlProph3t : (26 October 2014 - 03:29 PM) ya sure
@  Valkyrie : (26 October 2014 - 03:06 PM) Just glad I didn't player either of you gee and 14ers. Although I really doubt your teams will do that again. Lol good week for the both of you guys... Anyone wanna trade for lynch?
@  14ers : (26 October 2014 - 02:27 PM) yeah, whats your team ?
@  sqrl : (26 October 2014 - 02:03 PM) all that matters is my money league. im currently 7-0. this week im down by 3 points but the other guy has already played all his players and i still have michael floyd for another half, cobb and murray lawl
@  sqrl : (26 October 2014 - 02:02 PM) reoeehetheisbergerier tearing it UP

Photo

How to set up a ventrilo music bot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

WEVIL

WEVIL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
THIS POST IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Please don't follow these instructions yet. I'm still trying to figure some stuff out to get it all working properly.

Ok, this is basically for the karaoke coming up this friday. This might be a little complicated, it'll really help overall because you'll be able to sing along to a song instead of having no music at all or if someone else plays the song over vent, your voice is delayed so that you're echoing the song and it sounds like shit. Basically, do this, and you'll be able to sing and have the music playing at the same time and you wont hear other people's voices through the music. Now I got this tutorial from http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

It's a detailed 10 min video but it is a bit long and the guy is pretty boring so I'll hopefully explain it properly in this thread and if you get stuck on a part, you can always go to the video.

First, you need to get Winamp. Its a good music listening device and has a feature that allows you to stream music through vent. If you have it, great. Just be sure that when you change your settings to stream music through vent, set it back to its original settings after you're done or you wont be able to listen to music. If you dont have Winamp install it and you'll only have to use it for this karaoke. It's not a resource hogger just be sure you dont sign up for any offers or install any extra toolbars and stuff. Get winamp at winamp.com

Second, you need to get a program called Virtual Audio Cable. Idk exactly what it does but it allows you to connect you're Winamp and Ventrilo. Get it here: http://rapidshare.co...C_FULL.zip.html
It's a folder holding the setup.exe. Execute the setup.exe file and install VAC. It wont put any desktop icons on your desktop or anything, it'll just be in your programs folder but dont worry, you don't actually have to run VAC (I think).

Ok, now to set everything up.

1. Right click ventrilo, and go over to shortcut and change the target line, the one with C:\program files\whatever\ventrilo.exe by adding a -m to the end of it. So, C:\program\whatever\ventrilo.exe -m Thats what it should look like. Apply and just x out of vent for now.

2. Open Winamp. Go to options at the top, and then click preferences. Look on hte left hand side and go to plugins - input. It should be set to Nullsoft Directsound Output or something similar to that. Then click configure at the bottom of the screen. You should now see a dialog box that has Primary sound driver. Click on this box and you should see an option that says Virtual Cable 1. Make this your input. Your winamp is now configured properly to play music through ventrilo. If you start playing a song in Winamp, you wont hear anything on your speakers. That's normal, you're not supposed to.

3. Open ventrilo. Now what you have to do is make a new username for your music bot. Make a new one and name it probably something like WEVIL's Music Bot, replacing WEVIL with w.e you feel like. You will also have to set it so that it will connect to the vent server you want to, right now being the c4a vent. Now, go to setup, and on the right, change your input device to Virtual Cable 1. Uncheck the box that says Push to Talk and set your silence time to .5 seconds and sensitivity to 0. This will basically make it so that your bot will constantly stream w.e is going through your speakers. This means that you should stop playing your music after your done with it or check off the box that says mute microphone when you're in a server so everyone in the server doesnt hear whats going through your speakers. Your music bot should only be playing music when its your turn to sing. Don't fiddle with input/output. If you adjust the volume in winamp, it should change the volume of your stream accordingly. Only change the input/output if the other option doesnt work. Then go to events at the top, and set all your events to Nothing. Now click ok and join the server with your music bot.

4. Open ventrilo again and you will now have 2 copies of ventrilo running at the same time. This second ventrilo should be used so that you can talk into you microphone. Make your usual username, mine being WEVIL. Set your server to the c4a server. Go to setup and your input and output devices should be default direct sound and you should be using push to talk and whatnot. It's basically your usual ventrilo settings that you use to talk to other people. Now, join the server that your music bot is in. Start playing music in your winamp and you should be able to hear it inside your vent. If you can, you're all set. If not, something went wrong.

THIS POST IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Please don't follow these instructions yet. I'm still trying to figure some stuff out to get it all working properly.

Edited by WEVIL, 23 July 2008 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

Dayzd`AiM

Dayzd`AiM

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
Pretty sure this doesn't work with Windows Vista.

Could be wrong though.
Posted Image

WEVIL

WEVIL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
You're right about that too daywalker. I don't think this idea is going to work so I'll have to come up with a new one.
Posted Image

Baelfur

Baelfur

• Pip
  • 2 posts
To get the volume control to work I did have to open the Virtual Audio Cable control panel. Before it was disabled as shown here:

Posted Image

To resolve this and enable volume control in Winamp, click and check the volume control box, then the set button and now it should read as enabled.

Posted Image

Works great though. Will share any info on getting Vista online after I play with it for a bit, ty for the info though.

Edited by Baelfur, 01 May 2010 - 03:49 PM.

LeGaCy

LeGaCy

I have no title

• Senior Server Staff
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:interesting things
Ok, how the hell did you find this thread.. and why the hell would you bump it?

Check dates PLOX

Last Post: 23 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

arCtiC

arCtiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Anything CS related. I also like puzzle pirates, due to the puzzle elements.
LOL, I was just reading through it and I was like "Karaoke? Didn't we stop doing that like a year ago?" then I checked the dates XD

C4A should bring back Karaoke, along with Admins vrs Regs

LeGaCy

LeGaCy

I have no title

• Senior Server Staff
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:interesting things
arctic you couldn't even play in admins vs regs.. so why do you care that much about it?

arCtiC

arCtiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Anything CS related. I also like puzzle pirates, due to the puzzle elements.
Just trying to be helpful to everyone else in the community.

Baelfur

Baelfur

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Posted Image

General Google search popped this as the 3rd result is how I found it, and I realized it was dated but replied to it because it was one of the top 3 results and I figured others would probably reference this to get a bot going. Also I was able to get it working in Vista with the same instructions above, just had to go to the actual vent folder and create a new shortcut from the actual program icon after and it works just as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users