Welcome to Cause4alarm.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

If we continue to have a problem with people posting pictures and videos bigger than 600px wide we will disable the ability to post pictures and videos. When you do this it restricts the ability for people to correctly see the shoutbox.
@  sqrl : (23 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) fucking sanders...
@  14ers : (21 October 2014 - 05:21 PM) im taking it this week bro'
@  14ers : (21 October 2014 - 05:21 PM) orb is in first? foh!!!!
@  sqrl : (21 October 2014 - 09:34 AM) Congrats orb :thumbsup:
@  sqrl : (21 October 2014 - 09:31 AM) Well look who's still in 1st :smug:
@  Valkyrie : (20 October 2014 - 04:17 AM) Not gonna happen gee, unless you want to get rid of Charles.
@  LostlProph3t : (19 October 2014 - 05:07 PM) orbital got married; congratulate him
@  GeeYouknit : (19 October 2014 - 04:12 PM) now I need a WR people. trade me
@  LostlProph3t : (19 October 2014 - 03:25 PM) why would i trade you
@  GeeYouknit : (19 October 2014 - 08:20 AM) trade me
@  LostlProph3t : (18 October 2014 - 05:23 PM) ill trade you
@  14ers : (18 October 2014 - 04:31 PM) i give ffb advice. 1-900-fuck-you...imma win this year with out manning or the thomas's
@  sqrl : (18 October 2014 - 03:24 PM) Apparently Harvin was a cancer in the locker room.
@  SkiDDeM : (18 October 2014 - 07:16 AM) Posted Image
@  SCARFACE : (18 October 2014 - 06:25 AM) <3
@  Mr.SirSuperN... : (17 October 2014 - 10:37 PM) wtf percey harvin :(
@  LudaKrishna : (17 October 2014 - 06:41 PM) <3
@  LostlProph3t : (15 October 2014 - 05:42 PM) i dont want brees, want someone else
@  Scatman : (15 October 2014 - 04:05 PM) only wanted a receiver, didn't see anyone on your team i would trade for brees
@  Scatman : (15 October 2014 - 04:05 PM) what message?

Photo

Cs 1.6 Launch Options

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

the fraggot

the fraggot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
I know a big part of CS is getting all you can get out of your PC to get the best FPS possible to increase your ability to actually play the game.

Well launch options can greatly improve this.

If you don't know what they are, right click on Counter-Strike, goto Properties, from there you should see a button labeled "Set Launch Options", click that.

I only bring all this up, cause I just formatted my PC and had to set mine again, they really do help, especially the mouse acceleration and the ability to set the refresh rate in gameplay instead of playing at 60hz by default. But remember, don't set a resolution or refresh rate your monitor can't support or basically, you'll just have to restart your machine.

Here is a list of them, and what they do.

* -console - this will enable the Half Life console. Press ~ (tilde) to bring it down in game, or use the console button in the main menu.

* -game <variable> - this will set the custom game to whatever variable is set. eg cstrike, dod, dmc. The valid variables are the abbreviated names of the mods inside your base halflife directory.

* -numericping - this will replace those goofy dots in the Halflife game browser with your actual ping time (measured in milliseconds, not dots :) )

* -noipx - this will disable IPX support. Which is fine, because you don't need IPX at all for Halflife. Recommended :)

* -noip - useful for single player. Will disable IP. (note: im not sure about this one).

* -nointro - This is to skip the two avi's at the start.

* -nojoy - disables joystick support.

* -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel - This will disable mouse acceleration. Useful for windows XP

* -toconsole - when you open hl.exe with this parameter, it will load straight into the console.

* -dev - enables developer mode. Useful for testing a homemade map, or debugging. Will show a more detailed summary of what is being loaded/initialized in the console. Use 'developer 1' and 'developer 2' in console to set debug message detail level

* -d3d - will use direct 3D only.

* -gl - will use OpenGL only.

* -soft - will use software rendering only.

* -full - will use fullscreen mode. Again, not important.

* -window - window mode.

* -wavonly - will disable directsound, and attempt to play all sound files as wav files.
* -w <variable> - sets video mode width (variable is number of pixels wide).
* -gamegauge - runs the demo in demoname.dem in benchmaking mode and saves the results in fps.txt file. 1.0.0.9+ only. Can do the same thing in-game with cl_gg 1; gg in the console.

* -heapsize <variable> - Where <variable> is how much RAM you got. Say you got 32 MB of RAM. Replace the variable with 32768. Don't be foolish and replace the variable with more than what you got in RAM. People with more than 64 MB of RAM sometimes feel that it's not using the RAM being supplied. Well, they're right. This command invokes to show Half-Life all the RAM that you have and it can be used.

* -particles <variable> - Variable number is the number of particles for which to set aside buffer space. This is useful for seraching for leaks in maps.

* -port <variable> - will set the port (for a listen server). Default is 27015.

* -zone <variable> - appears to solve most script memory errors if you set it to 1024 (I believe the default is 255). Maybe the max line length (in characters) of a script or cfg file.

* -noforcemparms - not sure what this does :). I am guessing it disables multiplayer arms (weapons?).

Disabling mouse acceleration greatly improves your aim, basically, it aims at what you at aim at, not what XP is aiming you at.

Here are my settings, which basically gives me a good steady 100 fps on most maps.

-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -heapsize 512000 -freq 85 -dxlevel 70 -w 1024 -h 768

FaZ-

FaZ-

Former Events Director

• Senior Server Staff
  • 5,913 posts
Unless you've become used to mouse acceleration and can't play without it. I've tried twice. =/ It does help most players, though.
"Is yours an honest lament? ... Most are not, you know. Most self-imposed burdens are founded on misperceptions. We - at least we of sincere character - always judge ourselves by stricter standards than we expect others to abide by. It is a curse, I suppose, or a blessing, depending on how one views it...Take it as a blessing, my friend, an inner calling that forces you to strive to unattainable heights."
- R.A. Salvatore

Posted Image

the fraggot

the fraggot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Unless you've become used to mouse acceleration and can't play without it. I've tried twice. =/ It does help most players, though.

I can play a lot better without it, my strafing is much smoother, not has "jumpy" I suppose.

It took me awhile to get used to play like that though.

Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

Senior Server Staff

• Senior Server Staff
  • 1,577 posts
Yep, if you don't have the CPL mousefix, I'd highly reccomend those noforce commands. Even if you do have it it can be an insurance kinda thing
They turned our power down,
And drove us underground-
But we went right on with the show...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users